In addition to the You Can Do It! books, Kay and Sally offer teacher workshops where you'll learn all kinds of clever ways to make your job easier and more effective.
In these workshops, we'll go over the history of passing troubled children; what a short-cycle assessment really is; how to intervene before a problem grows; and how to instill a sense of educational-responsibility to each student that will help them monitor their own progress and go on to be happy, successful students.
To set up a workshop, learn more about pricing or Sally's many other training programs, please feel free to contact us.
"I know nothing, except the fact of my ignorance."
- Thinking Tools for Kids: An Activity Book for Classroom Learning - (Book) "..includes many activities, illustrations, and stories to help the students understand [mathematics]."
- Orchestrating Learning with Quality - (Book) "On the first day of school, a high school journalism class enters the publication room expecting a syllabus, a list of assignments, and rules for..."
- Process and Tools Training Book - (Book) "Students at even very young ages can learn how to take responsibility for their own learning through the use of tools such as check sheets and run charts."
- Creating and Using Data Folders - (PPT) A How-To PowerPoint Presentation designed to demonstrate proper goal-setting in mathematics.
- YouTube Math Tricks - (Videos) A collection of clever math tricks to impress your friends, interst your students, and make math even easier.
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics - (Website) "NCTM serves math teachers, math educators, and administrators by providing math resources and professional development opportunities."
- Prongo.com - (Games) Math related Flash games for kids.
- KidSites.com - (Websites) A collection of kid-safe math-related websites. A great learning resource for students who've finished their classwork and are bored.
- Math Playground - (Games) More math related kid's games.
- Math Trainer - (Program) "..trains your brain by creating easy calculus problems in variable difficultly for you. this projects also contains various other tools related to mathematical topics."